Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hell Awaits.

It's been a while since I watched anything new from my favorite Mexican SOV schlock director Xorge Noble; so when I acquired a copy of Invocacion Satanica, I was pleased. I was even more pleased to watch it with my girlfriend. We watched it. We laughed. We cried. Well, I cried only. She seemed only amused by the opening scenes and later fell asleep in the middle of it.

Invocacion Satanica (aka "Satanic Invocation") opens with a cemetery somewhere in sunny Los Angeles. We get shots of the tombstones while spooky organ music plays. We then meet our girls. Our girls exercise, play pool and swim (tight bikinis & all). The spooky organ music continues to play while the girls do all those fun things. After watching these pretty girls have fun in some sort of church recovery center, one of the girls named Silvia (played by Rebecca Silva) acquires a Ouija board and convinces some of her buddies to play with it. They decide to summon a woman who was killed nearby, but instead of summoning her, they summon her killer named Ivan (Xorge Noble) who tells them the story of how he murdered the woman and her sister. We then get a flashback scene where we see Ivan stalking his victims, wearing a Corona Beer straw hat, strangling his victim and touching her all over. After the murder and rape in progress; Ivan ends up killed by the girls' father with a beer bottle to the head (apparently). Now that Ivan has been summoned by Silvia and her friends via the Ouija, he demands victims to rape & murder. Silvia afraid & all, delivers the victims in the cellar where they get their clothes tore up and smoke surrounds them. The bodies turn up nearby. The detective and the coroner (the gay guy from Matanza En Las Vegas!) are baffled on who the killer could be.

I had some rather high expectations for Invovacion Satanica. I was expecting to see Ivan the killer summoned from Hell in action, but he's only seen in shadow mode clinging on the stairs of the cellar. I was also expecting to see lots of blood too for some reason but that didn't happen. I mean there are little bits of blood in some scenes, but just on the victims after they're found dead. Despite some of my expectations not met; I was still mildly entertained. Who wouldn't be entertained by attractive women swimming, exercising, pool playing, pecking each other's face instead of making out and Slayer's "Hell Awaits" playing on loop while killer Ivan is out & about. It was also fun seeing that gay guy from Matanza En Las Vegas again. Even though his role was supposed to be serious, he was hilarious anyway. Terrible dramatic actor. Wild comedic actor though! Another funny thing about the movie was the Ouija board! Or should I say Ouija boards! When the girls are using it, it's in Spanish. When it’s burning up with smoke and a weird glowing orb is on top of it; it’s in English! I guess the Spanish Ouija board was not worth ruining since it probably costed extra. Imported stuff can be expensive ya know.

Invocacion Satanica is nowhere near great as the other Xorge Noble movies, but it is a little fun watch. Invocacion Satanica is one of many movies I had been seeking for such a long time and now that I have it, I am at peace (for now). Also, I want a Ouija board now. Like dead serious. I also want to be Ivan for Halloween since all I need is a red tank top and a Corona straw hat. The perverted part is already covered, too.

P.S.
Hail Ivan. 666. Stalk. Murder. Drink Corona. Smoke Marijuana. Whatever!!!